How to Personalize Your Casket
Capturing the spirit of a loved one’s life is so important when planning a funeral service, and there are many unique ways to showcase people’s personalities. Some families share stories, display personal items, or have their loved one’s favorite flowers. More than ever, personalized caskets have become a special way to commemorate a life.
Saying your final goodbyes to someone you cared for deeply is difficult. That’s why we are here to help walk you through the process of creating a unique and beautiful personalized casket. So many options are available to make your loved one’s final resting place a joyous tribute to their legacy.
Creating a custom casket will bring the joy of your family member’s life to their funeral or memorial service. As we will explore below, a personalized casket is an easy, affordable, and unique way to bring those special details to light.
What is the Process for Customizing a Casket?
We take pride in making our custom casket process simple and easy for your family during this difficult time. By using our in-house design staff, we can focus on the details while you prepare for the funeral service.
Here are the five easy steps for custom casket design:
- Think of an idea – Before we get started on your custom casket build, you’ll want to come up with a general idea. What kind of things was your loved one interested in? Did they have a favorite color? Are there any photos or symbols you would like to display?
- Tell us about your idea – You can contact us by phone or through our easy-to-use form and tell us about your custom casket order details and vision.
- Let us create a design – We work with our design department to make your idea a reality. Once our design department has developed the personalization options, we will send you a design proof for your review and final approval.
- Allow a few days to create your custom casket – The personalization process takes a day or two. If you submit your design request in the morning, the proof will be delivered in one day. Anything in the afternoon may require two business days.
- Your custom casket is shipped and delivered – Once customized, it ships like an in-stock casket. The coffin will ship directly to the funeral home, and remember, the funeral home and funeral director can not deny you from using a casket from a third-party vendor. Shipping charges are calculated separately.
In What Ways Can a Casket Be Customized?
When creating a custom casket, the sky’s the limit. Personalization options include:
- Specific colors
- Photo collage
- Religious symbols
- Custom head panel
- Lining fabric
We’ve had the privilege of creating many unique designs for our customers over the years. Let’s look at some examples of custom caskets utilizing various personalization options.
We recently created this John Deere tractor themed-casket for a beloved farmer who had passed away. He loved John Deere tractors, and this custom coffin was an excellent way to pay tribute to his legacy as a farmer showcasing the equipment he loved.
Another popular choice for custom caskets is photo collages. For example, take this personalized casket made for a photographer. The family member who ordered this for him wanted his coffin covered in pictures he had taken over the years. So we did custom vinyl wraps to cover the entire casket with photos from his library.
Custom colors are also an excellent way to display people’s personalities. You can create a custom coffin if you don’t see the color you want in our inventory of traditional caskets. You can choose any color for the casket, hardware pieces, and head panel.
Take this unique and lovely pink and black casket made at the family member’s request. You can see how they used various colors for all casket components.
An unlimited variety of custom options are available, providing a personalized touch to the remembrance of a lost loved one.
Is it Affordable to Customize a Casket?
Starting at $1,000 added to the price of the casket, we can create a custom coffin that will arrive in time for the memorial service. Custom caskets are typically made of metal, and metal caskets are available at various price points.
Ordering a casket online is often more affordable than buying through a funeral home. The money saved buying online can be used toward creating a personalized casket people will remember for years to come.
How Do I Find Out More About Casket Customization?
Custom caskets are a relatively new concept that can provide a personalized touch to the remembrance of a loved one. A custom casket can bring a smile to the saddest of faces, often capturing the zest of life or representing a soothing image. Even a favorite color with a quote from their life or a gentle verse can create a dignified remembrance.
From a sports team to military themes, Sky Caskets can customize a casket for your loved one with a variety of potential designs on the exterior while also adding blankets, flags, or head panels to the interior for a truly personalized touch.
Call us at 800-759-1018 if you have an idea for a custom casket or want to learn more about options to personalize a casket for your loved one. You can also submit your request through our online form to let us know how we can help.